July 25, 2017

Summer of My Youth


With the launch of Lana Del Slay's latest album Lust for Life, I am feeling inspired and ready to blog (we'll see how long that lasts) and today's post I feel embodies the very mood her music invokes. Right this very moment I have it playing in the background and I just feel like I'm in the summer of my youth, I'm thriving and adventure awaits (that's if the adventures I take from the comfort of my bed with a good story count).

Anyhoo, this outfit was really a thrown together look because it was too hot to fuss about clothes. So I wore a really simple white cotton button up, leaf print skort (yes I wear skorts, I don't care how elementary they are) that I thrifted at my local thrift store (duh) and these lace-up gladiators from Steve Madden. Paired with my favorite straw wide brim hat, that I hardly wore because it messed up my hair, and gold jewelry. Like I said, super simple, low maintenance with minimal effort.





I really like outfits like this because they can easily be transitioned from day to night just by adding a slinky camisole, a black leather jacket and some heels and you have a super chic and urban look. It's super easy to style and is super versatile. Having versatile pieces that can easily be mixed and matched are what make for a good closet. (I've been thinking of writing a how to build a great closet post, thoughts?)

Well that's it for today's post, real short and sweet.
I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading! (Outfit details below!)

Lots of love,

- T U M I♡



Shirt: H&M| Skorts: Thrifted| Shoes: Steve Madden| Hat: IDK lol|

No comments:

Post a Comment