July 8, 2017

Lace and Linen


Hello!

Another week, another outfit!

This one was incredibly easy to style with the simple silhouette and complimentary colors (even though white is technically a shade and not a color, but semantics). Starting with basic colors like white, blue, black and gray is the best way to build a great closet or capsule collection. And having simpler silhouettes makes it easier to mix and match clothing, lowering the number of times you have to go out looking for new outfits, therefore saving you some coin. There is no shame in repeating items or whole outfits infact I'm wearing these pants for the second day in a row (they are clean of course) for this outfit post.

 I think fashion has moved into a space where more is more and to be considered fashionable you have to have the most outlandishly creative ensembles or the most "minimalistic" looks to be chic. You have to have the latest trending shoes or that bag that every blogger and their mama is posting on Instagram to be relevant. But sometimes, all it takes is a great fitting pair of pants, a flattering shirt, the right accessories and the confidence to rock it. Being effortless without forcing it can be the very definition of chic. French culture has always been at the forefront of this effortless approach to fashion, in France less is more. And who doesn't want to live like a Parisian?

 I wanted to wear something very breezy, airy and summer appropriate because I don't know if you can tell but I was sweating buckets during this shoot. Linen is a great summer staple for any closet and breathes very well during those hotter months. The peek-a-boo lace shirt with the gorgeous flared sleeves allow for amazing air circulation (especially when worn with a super skimpy bralette) and show just enough skin peeking through but not enough to make you feel like you're flashing everybody.  I paired them with amazing gold geometric earrings that made the look a little more modern and my fave Vince Camuto block heels for extra length (even though I don't need it being 5'10 1/2 and all). 

That's all I have for this post. Comment down below your thoughts on today's fashion and the influence of social media on the industry. Perhaps I'll make a full post discussing the topic, what do you think? Would you like to read something like that? Tell me in the comments!

All outfit details will be below the last picture. Don't forget to follow my blog and you can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter @iamthehag. 

Thank you for reading

Lots of love,

-T U M I♡



















Pants: Burlington Coat Factory| Shirt: Burlington Coat Factory| Shoes: Vince Camuto| Bag: Zac Posen| Watch: Ted Baker| Glasses: Givenchy| Earrings: Dystrict LA



8 comments:

  1. So Cute Tumi♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literally LIVING for this outfit! I love the contrast of the fabrics and how well they go together <3
    It makes me wanna go buy a pair of linen pants as well haha

    Ashley | Ashleymarlenis.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like I would checkout out Forever21 or Primark for affordable options or click the pictures above, and thank you babes <3

      Delete
  3. wowowowow! This outfits stunning!!! You are so gorgeous, I love your hair!! These trousers are just to die for!

    Speak soon,
    Niamh xx

    https://justgrabacuppa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. You look super stylish yet maintaining the look of comfort during these hot days! I look forward to reading more xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to keep writing things that keep you coming back, thanks for reading!!!

      Delete